Friday, October 31, 2008

Fishing on Crystal Lake

So yesterday afternoon Jimmy Fry, Kerri and I went fishing on Crystal Lake on the south side of Burnsville. The water temp was very cold (46 degrees) so I didn't expect to catch much of anything, especially bass. So Jimmy and I threw crankbaits, hoping to catch a few northerns. Kerri fished for crappies over the side of the boat. She did get a bite but missed the fish. Bummer! I did end up catching a bass on a crankbait. I thought it was either a northern or a walleye but to my surprise it was a bass. It weighed 2lbs 10oz. That was all the fish that we caught unfortunately. Jimmy and I caught our fair share of weeds. We could have taken them home and had a nice salad! At the very least though, it was a beautiful evening to be out fishing and we had a really good time. Jimmy came over for dinner after fishing and Kerri had chili waiting for us. Mmmm...it was really good! Hopefully we'll get a few more nice days before winter sets in and we can get the boat out some more!

No comments: